The Roberto Cimetta Fund
call for application
The Cimetta Fund, Euro-Mediterranean arts mobility programme and
Marseille-Provence 2013 European capital of culture have opened a
joint Mobility Fund in 2010. This Fund supports artistic creation in
the Euro-Med region in the contemporary performing arts (theatre &
dance), circus/puppet art, music, visual/digital arts, film,
photography and new writings.
+INFO :: http://www.cimettafund.org
Candidates that submit applications with the following criteria will
- South>South mobility (ie mobility from Maghreb to Near East or vice versa)
- South<>East (ie Balkans to Near East including Turkey, or Maghreb
including Egypt and vice versa) mobility
- Projects that can link into the Marseille-Provence events, themes or
the region (which encompasses 130 local communities from Arles to
Hyères, through St. Remy de Provence and the Pays dAix.)
1) The aim of the trip must be to :
- Set up a project that has a constructive and long term impact
(opening workshops/studios/cultural centres/networks )
- Take part in an artistic residency within an international exchange programme.
- Take part in a meeting/conference involving artists and/or
professionals with the aim of networking in the Mediterranean.
- Professional training (master-classes, workshops, ).
2) Date of departure
The trip must take place AFTER the Selection Committee.
3) Country of departure/destination
- The 27 countries of the European Union
- Countries from the East and South coasts of the Mediterranean:
Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia, Lybia, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Palestine,
Lebanon, Syria, Turkey
- And the countries of the Balkans: FYROM (Macedonia), Albania,
Bosnia-Herzegovnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia.
- The countries of the Arabian Gulf: (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen).
4) Type of project
The journey must contribute to capacity building and the setting up of
long term arts and culture projects that will maintain and develop
contemporary arts in the region. The applicant must draw new
ressources from the trip that will enable him or her to return home
and establish local initiatives that will contribute to a more dynamic
cultural scene in his or her own country or region. S/he must agree to
the transfer of knowledge and skills that have been acquired during
the journey in a networking fashion that will gradually benefit
connecting artists and operators.
5) Applicants profile
- No nationality or age criteria: Applicant lives or works in the
Euro-Mediterranean region (see list above).
- Profession: performers, creators, teachers, cultural organisers,
administrators, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial
6) Applications must be made on an individual basis. Only 3 members of
a group can apply for a grant concerning the same project. A
grantholder can only reapply twice. Applicants must choose the
cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international
return travel ticket and visa costs if required (no local transport
reimbursed). Applications for grants that concern travel for the
distribution or production of art works/performances (festival, tour,
etc.) are not eligible.
Selection Committees are held during the course of the year.
Provisional dates are :
· 25th June 2010 (deadline for receiving applications: 11th June 2010)
· December 2010 (deadline for receiving applications: to be confirmed)
Rok prijave: 11/06/10
Fonds Roberto Cimetta
c/o ONDA - Office National de Diffusion Artistique
13bis rue Henri Monnier
tel: +33 1 45 26 33 74
fax: +33 1 48 74 16 03